08 Jun 5 Ways to Keep Your Hair Color Vibrant
At Illusion Unlimited, we are proud to have some of the best hair colorists in Cleveland working at our Strongsville hair salon, our Parma salon and our Broadview Heights salon. In fact, we have a reputation as being one of the best beauty salons in Ohio when it comes to color.
If you want to update your style and try something new or just refresh what you already have, we are here for you.
What makes our Cleveland salons the best when it comes to color?
- We use a special kind of lighting that replicates natural light inside all of our hair salons to ensure exceptional hair color.
- We use advanced hair color charts with removable hair color swatches so you can see what any shade will look like up against your skin.
- We weigh color formulas digitally, which allows exceptional accuracy, to ensure you get consistent, professional hair color results.
How can you keep your gorgeous color vibrant in between salon visits?
Once our expert colorists give you the rich, personalized color you love, you’ll obviously want to keep it looking amazing. There are some easy steps you can take that will help protect your hair from fading:
- Wait 72 hours before washing your hair. Being patient will pay off! The color pigment that was applied at our Broadview, Strongsville or Parma salon will penetrate your hair cuticles deeper, and that will definitely make your color last.
- Look for sulfate-free hair products. Sulfates can strip your hair of natural moisture and oils along with your new color.
- Chill out. A hot shower can be relaxing, but your colored hair won’t benefit from hot water. Quite the opposite. The hot water opens your hair cuticle, allowing the color to wash out faster.
- Less is more. If you’re one of those people who washes their hair daily, consider doing it every other day or even every third day. The more you wash your hair, the faster your color fades. Plus you wash out natural oils and moisture.
- Look for dry shampoo. If you can’t leave the house without refreshing your hair first, use dry shampoo. It’ll help you to reach your results without compromising the color.
It’s not that the colorists at our hair salons in Parma and Strongsville don’t want to see you. It’s just that they want your hair color to stay rich and vibrant as long as possible. Contact us for more information and for our hours.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.